The Fourth Grade Measurement Project

HUTCHINSON SCHOOL– Fourth Grade students are working hard on the measurement project!

We are reviewing the metric and customary units. We are searching up tools used for them. We are looking up definitions and how to spell words. We are really sweating!

The Fourth Grade Measurement Project is a project in which fourth graders display the metric and U.S./customary measurement units, along with the tools used in the following three categories: distance, capacity, and mass/weight. The projects show  information in these categories. Once they are done, these projects will be displayed inside or outside the classroom.

Teachers will put students into groups to work in. In these groups, students organize information and then present it.

Olivia Medrano remarks, “I think it’s really interesting, especially for the teachers because they get to see how we are understanding the metric system ,the U.S. system, how to apply it, and the tools we use.”

Fourth grade teachers can help out fourth graders.  They will comment and compliment on the student’s work.  Teachers recommend resources and help students find resources.  They make sure students have put all that they could into their posters.

Rachael Janos says, “I thought it was helpful because it taught you the tools that you use for measurement and about the U.S. and metric systems.”

Klea Gjeloshi says, “I think it’s a very nice project because it is our very first math project.”

Fourth graders are working hard! We are doing our best on this creative project!